10 April 2011

april fools

Paul and I celebrated our tenth wedding anniversary at a quaint cabin on the Olympic Peninsula. While our kiddos were with grandma, we were with each other. 


 I rarely get to be just and to just be with my husband. It was glorious to share day after day of undivided attention -- to sleep in, to play games, to listen to music, to dance, to sit around, to split a pizza and an uninterrupted bottle of wine, to explore a national park and stay as long as we wanted.



Yes, it was glorious.



and lazy. 




And extraordinary.

Our milestone came and went, and then we all returned home. 

This family and this life is everything and nothing like I imagined when I vowed and promised on that beach in Malibu a decade ago. Seasoned spouses warned that everything would change once we added children to the mix. 

 




They were right. 


A week ago, as we danced in that dark, candle lit cabin, Paul told me that he loves me more today than he did when he married me. And now we're home, and it's raining, and we have two children. And they are giggling and running around the house, and Paul is asleep in our bedroom. And I'm keeping company in the living room with my computer and snapshots from another week in our lives. Spring Break is over and our every day and ordinary resumes in the morning. 

Everything has changed. 


I love him more too. 

No comments: