This was my first attempt at a healthy, whole, sugar and enriched white flour-free menu (you can imagine how excited every one must have been).
Actually dinner was delicious and the evening turned out really lovely (except for that whole pink turkey thing! Apparently, I've been sticking the meat thermometer in the wrong end for years. Go figure!) After an extra hour and a half of roasting, and an EXTRA-long first course, we were good to go.
Actually dinner was delicious and the evening turned out really lovely (except for that whole pink turkey thing! Apparently, I've been sticking the meat thermometer in the wrong end for years. Go figure!) After an extra hour and a half of roasting, and an EXTRA-long first course, we were good to go.

Fresh Fruit and Veggies with Hummus

Harvest Salad
Rosemary Roast Turkey (emphasis on "rose")
Thyme Roasted Sweet Potatoes
Apple and Wild Rice Stuffing
Mandarin Cranberry Sauce (I make cranberry sauce!)
Rosemary Roast Turkey (emphasis on "rose")
Thyme Roasted Sweet Potatoes
Apple and Wild Rice Stuffing
Mandarin Cranberry Sauce (I make cranberry sauce!)The evening ended over wassail and Pumpkin Custard with Maple Whipped Cream (my first attempt at a refined white sugar free dessert... yeah, good luck with that!) I forgot to take a picture, but it was quite beautiful and delicious. Even Paul (aka Prince Pumpkin Pie) gave it five stars and said it was as good as the real thing (yes!)
Friday morning, Maya and I stayed home, baked granola bars, watched a princess movie and gave each other pedicures, while Paul took Cole to his first football game: CU v. Nebraska.

It was cold, COLD, but they lasted through the half and had a great time.
Maya and my date came Saturday night. We went out for sushi, then went to the Boulder Philharmonic production of The Nutcracker.

Maya was enthralled, captivated and inspired. She saw princesses, fairies and ballerinas. Beside me, she just kept saying, "Beautiful. Beautiful." It was. It was one of the most wonderful evenings I have spent with my little girl... with anyone for that matter.


I spent Sunday night, most of Monday into Tuesday with a client who gave birth naturally to her baby girl (after 80+ hours of labor) just after 11 on Tuesday morning. It was an incredible, exhausting and exceptional end to an exceptional weekend.



No comments:
Post a Comment