At least three or four times each week, Maya and I have the same conversation. It usually goes something like:
"Momma, is today my both-day?" she begins.
"No, not today, Maya. Your birthday is in January. It is still about six months away, honey."
"Oh," she sighs disappointedly, "well whose both-day is it ?"
... And so the conversation goes.
Today our birthday dialogue took place in the car, after a few moments of "drama" over having to sit for so long (a whole 20 minutes).
"Mommy?" her hushed voice called out from behind.
"Yes, My?" I responded.
"You know what I want for my both-day?" she asked.
"What's that, My?" I inquired.
"I willy, willy, willy want..."
"Oh no, here we go," I thought and braced myself - probably rolling my eyes, which thankfully were hidden behind dark shades...
"... you to draw me a beautiful card for my both-day. (HUH?!?!) And Cole," she continued, " I willy want you to make me puppet - a lion puppet." (Ohhhhhhhh....)
"That sounds nice, honey" I replied as our smiling eyes met in the rear-view mirror.
"Yeah." she agreed.
... And so our conversation went.
03 August 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
you do make beautiful cards :)
xoxox
too cute!
Post a Comment