16 May 2006

try again

As promised, here is a quick potty update... Last weekend, we went to the store to pick out big girl panties for Miss Maya. She's donned them proudly (and successfully) ever since... HALLELUJAH!!

I am so proud of this little girl. Not just because she's peeing in a potty, but also because of her character and resilience.

We picnicked and played at a new park today. Like always, we b-lined for the swings, but at this particular park, there was just one infant swing and three big-kid swings. Maya was up for the challenge, so I put Cole in the little swing and her in the big one.

"Higher, HIGHER," she squealed as I pushed her.

Perhaps I got a little carried away, because out of no where, I watched my child let go of the swing and drop to the ground. Her fall was broken by gravel and sticks just below.

She cried, of course, but assured me after a few moments that she was okay.

I rinsed the blood from her mouth, gave her a few sips of water, and was ready to call it a day when she said something that completely caught me off guard.

"I think I should try it again," she said.

She did.

"Higher, HIGHER," she squealed once again.

Absolutely amazing.




1 comment:

n/a said...

wow maya is so tough! i love that she got back on the big girl swing :) what a cutie